Sunday, August 07, 2005

Fun with the new phone

After a day with the Samsung, I decided it was too flimsy, the sound quality was shoddy, the web-browsing too slow, and the menus rather annoying. So I traded it in for a Motorola, which seems much sturdier, less annoying, and with even better features, such as bluetooth and a mini fisheye mirror next to the lens for taking self-portraits. Plus, it's compatible with my old phone's charger.

I'm still acclimating myself to all of its fancy features. While walking around NY today with Bill and Grace, I took a picture of this funny bug (with eyelashes!) emailed it from my phone!

We started out the day brunching on Atlantic Avenue in Brooklyn, shopping through Williamsburg (a hipster neighborhood in Brooklyn), and then more eating and shopping in the East Village.

I like Brooklyn so far; I like the trees and mellow neighborhood feel combined with fun things to do. The weather is a little hot, but it's nice to walk around at night without a jacket. I highly recommend the decadent cupcakes at Downtown Atlantic, the brunch at Banania Cafe, and the great soba noodles (imported from Japan) and unique Japanese summer desserts at Sobaya. Dessert consisted of a sweet red bean & rice ball soup, strawberry custard (flan-like consistency), and a delicious yet simple peach jello.

I know I wasn't supposed to buy any more stuff, but I bought a cute, comfy summer dress for me from a boutique called Pema and an amusing shirt for BK from Brooklyn Industries in Williamsburg. How can I come to NY/Brooklyn and not shop!?

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Trottier said...

Heh. And I'm the one who buys phones second hand.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Jenny Lee Photography said...

Your phone can take some pretty good quality photos JuneBug! I like that VW beetle pic... its even got eyelashes! Cuutte!

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home