Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Observing L.A.

It's easy to have fun in L.A. without really trying. If I'm out and about, there's usually something funny to look at. For example:

1. My friend ordered this latte over the weekend. Note the lovely foam art, in the shape of a bird!

2. While driving around town, I saw a man dressed in a Barney costume (sans Barney head), casually talking to a woman, in front of a car, by a strip club.

3. As my friends and I were waiting for our food in a Westwood sandwich shop, I showed them my handy fold-up paper binoculars. (We were going to a concert later.) Katherine wanted to try them out, so she took the binoculars and aimed them outside the shop, at which she suddenly realized she was staring at 2 guys (models?) in nothing but speedos, just standing outside! We all flinched and turned away in embarrassment.

4. While waiting for a brunch table at Toast, a yummy bakery cafe, it was so busy and crowded, that people had to valet cars. I think I saw a Bentley. And every 3rd outdoor table had a dog. One table had a 80-pound dog lounging next to another table with a 5-pound Yorkshire terrier.

5. While watching Pink Martini's finale song at the Hollywood Bowl, a rather excited woman (maybe in her 50s?) stood up to dance. An effeminate-sounding man (in his 40s?), sitting behind her, asked the woman if she could sit down so he and his friends could see.

The woman turned around and said, "No! I'm dancing!" and turned back around to keep dancing. The man then threw popcorn at her head. She turned around to mutter, "How RUDE!" and kept dancing. Then he threw more popcorn in her seat. Apparently older people in L.A. still think they're teenagers.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home