Monday, November 15, 2004

Favorite new work bribe: Boba Milk Tea

I was just minding my own business at work, clickin' around on the computer, and then suddenly this woman runs to my cubicle, with a stack of 12 boba (aka pearl or bubble) milk teas!

I had no idea why she would have all this boba for me, but then I looked on the lids of the drinks to find Yahoo! Messenger Emoticons!!

Apparently some boba business guy wanted to test out selling the lids for advertising. And this boba drink chain exists in all kinds of other countries like Taiwan and the Phillippines, so people will see these lids all over the world! So they shipped some sample boxes of these to our Marketing folks, who were passing them around to coworkers for fun.

I love boba milk tea! I think I like my job just a little bit more now.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Note to everyone reading this: If you set out milk-based tea with tapioca on your desk for a week, it WILL SPOIL, much to the ire of your many co-workers. Furthermore, the gases that build up will even rupture the plastic seal. The developing bacteria cultures can pose a safety risk, so please be considerate of those around you.

10:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home