Monday, December 27, 2004

Katie's Baked Special

My cousin's daughter, Katie loves to bake. She learned to do it at school. But I couldn't quite figure out what she was baking...

Katie kneading dough
Katie kneading dough
Katie rolling out dough
me: Wow Katie, what are ya doing?

Katie: I'm bakin'!

me: Bakin'? What are you bakin'?

Katie: I'm bakin' bakin!

me: Bacon?

Katie: yeah, bakin'!

me: ? But what are you bakin'?

Katie: I'm bakin' bakin'!!

Me: You're baking bakin'?

Katie: Yeah!

Me: Ohh.
(Katie rolls out the dough with her pint-sized rolling pin)
Me: Well you seem very good at that. It looks hard.

Katie: No... but sometimes, sommmeetimes, (as she pushes the rolling pin harder) It's a little... bit hard. But it's pretty easy.

Me: I wish I could bake so well.

Katie: You can!
Katie rolling out dough
Katie putting sprinkles on dough
Katie putting sprinkles on dough


Then Katie took some cookie cutters and made shapes of a lion, a monkey, chicks, a butterfly, ornaments, a snowman, and stars. She made the little ones for her baby cousin Peyton.

Katie kneading doughThis is little baby Peyton. What a cutie!

Then Katie carefully poured little sprinkles over each one. Then her mom put it in the oven, and they came out nice and golden in just a few minutes. Then she sorted out the ones for Peyton and put them in a paper bag, and handed it to her.

Katie made a purple monkey for me. This "baking" sorta tasted like a sugared cracker. Not bad, for a 4-year old.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home