Monday, December 27, 2004

Playtime at Christmas

The best part of Christmas is watching the children have fun. My cousins have cute little kids who actually play nice together. Here are my favorite moments:

Jordan and PeytonJordan tells Alex, while playing War of the Monsters, "Okay, let's play so I beat you, and then you beat me, and then I'll beat you, and then I let you beat me, and then I'll beat you... Okayyyy?" After which, Alex proceeds to kick Jordan's butt in the game, while Jordan yells, "Stop iiiiit! You're supposed to let me beat you!!"

Jordan and PeytonMicah (22 mos. old), thinks he can play DDR. He stands on the mat and bounces like he's dancing.

Katie (4 yrs.) shows Peyton (20 mos.) how to stand with legs apart, and bend over upside down. They do this together, like a mirror, looking at each other between their legs.

Jordan and Alex play DDRMAXZachary (3 yrs.) shows me his toy doctor's kit, which includes a half skinless plastic human torso, so you can see his insides. It also has a bag of pretend tools including a syringe, which Zachary proceeds to point at at the plastic torso's eye! He thinks the syringe is an eye-dropper. I almost explain what it is supposed to be, but then I decide it's best he doesn't know.

Alex beats all the grownups at all the PlayStation games, except for DDR, where Cousins Sam and Johnny do pretty well.

Toby takes a napKatie bakes "bakin'" for Peyton. (See previous blog entry.) Peyton happily eats the "bakin.'" I ask Katie if she's going to be a baker when she grows up. She says no. I ask her what she wants to be, and she says "Ummm, I wanna a be a doctor, like mommy!"

Toby enjoys his giftToby (5 mos. - the first "child" of my brother and his wife), a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog, likes the squeaky bone I got him for Christmas. He also likes to sleep belly-up, like a person.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home