Sunday, October 23, 2005

Yay for Target and chocolates

I'm trying to make some necessary changes with my life. However, this has been annoyingly slow-going, due to some forces beyond my control. Also my skin is not liking the colder weather.

So please excuse me if I get cranky or aloof.

To console myself, I like to resort to Target, chocolate, or both.
I used to be a milk chocolate person. Now I prefer dark chocolate, which luckily, is good for the heart! I definitely prefer European chocolates (like those Mozart balls, Belgian chocolates, or Lindt) than the commonly known American chocolates (See's, Hersheys, Nestle), but I've recently found a couple yummy American brands.

Dark chocolate bars I'd recommend:
-Newman's Own Organics: Sweet Dark Espresso
-Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Truffle

In between the dark chocolate bars, I've been munching on creamy milk chocolates that my brother sent me (along with the Swiss Army Knife that includes a 1GB flash memory) from his recent trip to Switzerland.

Did I mention that recently I got a picture with the Target bullseye dog? The dog was very cute and well-behaved (or sedated). I have no proof that it was the Target dog, but it was to celebrate Yahoo! Photos' partnership with Target. People speculated whether the dog's bullseye was tattooed or genetically enhanced. He even unabashedly licked people's faces, while obediently sitting still in front of a cute little red Target-branded doghouse.

I love Target. Target makes me happy. The notion of going to Target puts me in a good mood, because undoubtedly Target will impress me with something new that is unexpectedly useful, stylish, and affordable. If you don't like Target, I'm going to have a hard time understanding you.

It's a lot like when some people have told me they were bored by Amelie. They basically have just told me that they have no soul.

My latest Target indulgences include:
- Long wool coat with soft faux fur collar (under $50!)
- Khaki bomber jacket with faux fur hoodie trim
- Pom-pom Cookie Monster socks
- Argyle knee socks
- Aviator faux fur hat
- Super-soft houndstooth pastel scarf
- Isaac Mizrahi faux suede brown boots
- Vintage style newsboy hat

Thank goodness I can feed my consumer addiction at bargain prices!
(Thank goodness I have a job to support my addiction.)

Now I just need to get to the gym to work off the chocolate calories...

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Mom and Pop Art said...

ritter sport dark chocolate with hazelnuts is pretty good, and target ROCKS! i want to LIVE in target! have you seen their cutie melamine patterns?

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott introduced me to a delectable chocolate bar. It's the double chocolate bar from Hershey's. I'm not sure if that is the exact name, but it is like a Caramello bar but instead of caramel in the inside, it's chocolate. I am not a chocoholic, but I crave this candy bar!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home