Sunday, April 20, 2008

Preschoolers in da Hizzouse!

Should I be bothered that I was stoked to dance to Rihanna's "Don't Stop the Music" and that "Apple Bottom Jeans" song with 4 and 5-year-old kids?

Last Friday, at the classroom where I intern, one of the little girls had brought in what she claimed to be a Hannah Montana cd. So the teacher played it for their usual afternoon dance break. Well, apparently it wasn't Hannah Montana. (Thank God!) But the teacher and I were diggin' it anyway. She even slapped her own ass! And the kids were dancin' up a storm.

It was kind of awesome. Don't you wish you were in this class when you were five? Or really, at any age? It reminds me of my girlfriends singing "Like a Virgin" when we were in grade school, not really understanding what it meant. We just thought it was a fun song.

Obviously there is a demand for catchy dance music for kids, otherwise things like Yo Gabba Gabba and Baby Loves Hip Hop wouldn't exist. You know I'll hit that scene if/when I have kids someday.

Labels: , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home