Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Happy TV Break Time

I don't want to spoil it for those who have Project Runway Tivo'd or whatever, but I really enjoyed the finale episode. All the clothes were so wonderful, and I wasn't sure who I'd pick to win. I ended up rooting for one collection that wasn't even very cohesive; I thought it was the most fun and the one I'd want to wear the most. That one didn't win, but I was still really happy for the one who did win in the end. Plus, there were a lot of Asian models, AND, how great was it to see Posh Spice as a guest judge!? Fieerrrrce.

I also loved seeing Tim Gunn visit Christian's tiny NY apartment. As if the little 21-year old wasn't already impressive, it was great to see that he could make such amazing clothes in such a tiny space. It's so New York: a young aspiring talent, struggling with the urban life, working like mad, but not really minding it because he loves what he's there for!

I even enjoyed the ads. In particular:
  • I now really really want to try an Oreo Cakester (yes, advertising works)
  • Seeing a commercial for Aquadoodle, made by SpinMaster, who I'll intern with this summer
  • Seeing an ad for yet another new dance show, hosted by Elizabeth Berkley (of Showgirls fame!)
I must admit, I do sometimes enjoy this cheesy fad of dance shows. I love America's Best Dance Crew on MTV and I used to get into that celebrity ballroom show. But do you remember the original awesome dance contest show from the 80s? Let me refresh your memory:



Oh yes, Dance Fever, complete with celebrity judges. You know you loved it. I think they need to bring it back, you know, for the kids in my class who weren't even born yet when this was on.

Labels: , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home