Sunday, February 03, 2008

Steppin' Out



Yay, I finally have time to be out and about in New York! Of course, it's the one weekend my super-fun roommate wasn't feeling well and decided to go to sleep early. But I managed to fit in a nice spread of activities in one night:
  • I watched Persepolis (a wonderful and funny but somewhat somber animated film, in French, about growing up in war-torn Iran) at the Angelika theater with my cousin

  • I went dancing to 80s/90s music at a really crowded bar called Hugs in Williamsburg for a birthday, with classmates (The birthday girl nearly had to throw down over a tambourine. And unbeknownst to us, it was lesbian night, and one of our friends got asked for her number by a lesbian, after the lesbian denied being a lesbian.)

  • I stopped for delicious hotdogs and a mango shake at Papaya Dog (–which, in my opinion, is better than Gray's Papaya, where there isn't even a mango shake option)

  • I bizarrely bumped into two FIT classmates on the street, on the way to karaoke in the East Village

  • I karaoked at Sing Sing until 5am, with a very unlikely small mix of friends (where we performed some amazing gems, including songs by Whitney Houston, Blue Oyster Cult, Blondie, Lil Mama, Judy Garland, and Matisyahu)
I had a great time, but I have to say, I think I've had enough of the gay scene. I luuurve my gay friends, but I miss my hetero boys. Well, at least the cute ones. We'll have to straighten that out next week.

This afternoon, my roommate and I headed out for dim sum. As we rode our elevator down, I was griping to her about how I wasn't able to meet any cute guys last night. Just as I was explaining this, the elevator door opened, and three attractive guys stepped in, which pretty much shut me up. Of course this was the one time I decided to leave the house looking dumpy. –Not that I would really want to date someone who lives in my building.

Well, maybe if he were super cute.

Labels: ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home