Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Buzz Buzz!

I need to cram tonight for a quiz, so of course I now have to procrastinate with a blog entry. Last week sucked with my hideous cold that made me lose my voice and want to slam my head into the wall, but things are better this week:


  • I spent Valentine's Day at home recovering from a crappy cold, but I did snail-mail a Valentine to someone I hadn't quite been in touch with in awhile. And he wrote back that I was "the bee's knees!" I never expected such an adorably old-fashioned reply (and I'm not quite sure I fully understand that expression, but I understand enough that it generally means being a very good thing).

  • Last Friday, I made it to see a 3-hour tour of the Mattel showroom (just before I fully recovered from my cold), which was robot-tastic, including a look at the NEXT Elmo doll.

  • I booked my spring break for a trip to Cali, cuz I miss my friends, and I need to get me some long overdue sunshine! And I was reminded of how generous and kind my friends are, because I immediately got about six or seven offers for places to stay.

  • Sunday I saw my buddies Angie & Jo for brunch, who were visiting from L.A., just before I headed out to my first Toy Fair, where I saw way too many toys, both good and bad.

  • Tuesday, when I was finally well enough to go to class again, one of my teachers called in sick. So the Dean brought in a kids' movie to watch, which was really nice, up until the part where the character you love, a LITTLE GIRL, suddenly DIES. (BTW this is the 2nd movie we've watched in school, where a charming, loving, inspiring, adorable character suddenly DIES. Can I go see "Be Kind, Rewind" now?)

  • I had a great interview with SpinMaster for an internship this morning. And they seem like a very cool group of people to work with! So now I have to email my Canadian cousins to let them know I'll finally get to fully experience their fine city of Toronto this summer!

  • I wrote to someone at IDEO to let them know I couldn't apply to intern with them, but I'd love to keep in touch with them when I graduate. I also sent them a sneak peek at my portfolio. Then I got a reply that they were "impressed with the breadth" of my portfolio so far.
So I'm feeling pretty fantastic this week, except for the part where I'm quite a bit behind on schoolwork and I have a quiz to cram for. But I'm sure I will work it all out somehow.

Now I need to buzz back to my life as the busy bee.

Labels: , , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home