Thursday, May 15, 2008

STOP IT ALREADY

See that last blog post?

Yeah, well add another day of (much needed) hard toy hours on Sunday.
Plus we found out today, about an important meeting Friday, before Marketing class, to talk about our summer internships. You know, because we have ALL THIS FREE TIME.

So... I don't know when I'll get to study for Art History or write that paper. It will be a miracle if I finish building that Marina bath toy set for hard toy class.

Also, I stayed up all of last night, sewing. I nearly sliced my hand at while cutting fabric hapazardly at 5am. Luckily I had band aids.

Sewing class was supposed to end at noon, but it was clear that the whole class still needed at least another 2 hours to finish their work. So everyone was frantically sewing, ironing, mending, cutting, past the end of class, and I know at least two people started CRYING in the process. At 2pm, the next class arrived to use our classroom, to find it filled with piles of sewing supplies.

The next teacher to use the classroom was not very sympathetic (aka a jerk). We packed up and cleared out into the hallway, as I finished sewing up my last seam. I felt victorious, as I did manage to add sew detail on my monster's crown and scales on its pocket, which I didn't expect to have time to do. I even added a little hangtag to it; the teacher had one of those retail plastic things to attach the hangtag to the toy.

Some students were helping others who were struggling to finish their toys, as they were about to have a nervous breakdown. Some of us who did finish happily admired each other's work and quickly took photos of our creations as they were soon to be rudely taken away from us, like babies going to the adoption agency. Despite the madness, our teacher thanked us for the hard work and even said, "When you start running toy companies, remember me! I have four kids to feed and will need the contract work!"

After sewing class, half the class still had oral presentations to do (I did mine last week, knowing that I didn't want to add that to this week's hell), and nobody had eaten food since last night's dinner. I was just telling someone last week, that I never feel like needing a massage, but I really needed one.

Luckily our History of Industrial Design teacher was kind enough to bake us gingerbread for our last day! And despite our weariness, a lot of the presentations were really interesting (about Barbie, Waldorf dolls, Ningyo dolls, Super Mario Brothers, "Spectacles," and the Hummer).

Finally when class ended, we went outside to find a warm and sunny day. I treated myself to a medium Parksberry with mango and strawberries (which were slightly frozen --not as good as Pinksberry, but acceptable). There were even vendors selling clothes and jewelry, and I bought a cute little green top.

Then I went home and slept for seven hours. Now I need to get up (after midnight!) and start a seven-page marketing paper... and probably that Art History paper too, while I'm at it. Classmates are already texting me and calling me with questions about Marketing class notes! I don't even really know how to write this thing. Blargh.

Labels: , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home