Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Wiped out from holiday travel

While waiting in San Diego, for my 2-hour-delayed flight connection to SFO, I browsed in the gift shop and found these "Govenator" mugs, caps, and shirts. I am embarrassed to be a Californian.

After stopping back in Nor-Cal for a night, I flew out yet again to L.A. to spend New Year's weekend. I enjoyed a wonderful meal with a few friends at A.O.C., where we spotted Henry Winkler and Elizabeth from the last season of The Apprentice. We then karoake-d the night away at our friend Scott's.

The rest of the weekend, my boyfriend and I visited my relatives, ate lots of food, shopped, and checked out the LACMA and Getty museums, where we saw Renoir's Luncheon of the Boat Party and a fun Americana color photography exhibit.

My return flight from Los Angeles was also delayed 2 hours! Luckily the kitschy Jetsons-esque Encounter restaurant is at LAX, so my boyfriend and I ran over there for a drink and appetizers and watched the daylight end as the glowing LAX towers turned on. The elevators emanate with Lounge music, lava lamps decorate the counters, and psychedelic space sounds come out of the bar taps. I felt like I was visiting Ulala from Space Channel 5.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home