Friday, March 25, 2005

Spring is here!

It's a season of slightly warmer weather, blooming flowers, change, and rebirth.

So it doesn't surprise me that people around me are going through so much change and re-evaluation; friends are moving, cousins are getting married, others are having their first child, coworkers are finding new career directions, people are getting organized, everyone's figuring out taxes, gym buddies are getting fit for swimwear season, and some of us are finding new hobbies.

Best of all, it's one season closer to Summer (my favorite season)!

However, re-evaluation sometimes brings to light our problems, which can mean we have to let go of things that aren't working. On the first day of spring, I had to let go of something that was very dear to me. But instead of lamenting over it, I am hopeful that this change will work out for the best.

In the meantime, I'm getting back to the gym, spending more time to catch up with friends, cooking, resting, and pursuing classes (maybe one at the craft gym) and making the most out of this year's beautiful Spring season. And every day, I'm feeling a little better.

And so it goes that my favorite song right now is "Hang on Little Tomato." Listening to the album transports me to a spring garden by the lake, sitting on picnic blanket on a warm day, wearing a big Parisian hat, relaxing with a puppy slumbering peacefully next to me. (Yes, I'm a sappy cornball, and I like it that way!)

"Hang on Little Tomato"
by Pink Martini

The sun has left and forgotten me
It’s dark, I cannot see
Why does this rain pour down
I’m gonna drown
In a sea
Of deep confusion

Somebody told me, I don’t know who
Whenever you are sad and blue
And you’re feelin’ all alone and left behind
Just take a look inside and you will find

You gotta hold on, hold on through the night
Hang on, things will be all right
Even when it’s dark
And not a bit of sparkling
Sing-song sunshine from above
Spreading rays of sunny love

Just hang on, hang on to the vine
Stay on, soon you’ll be divine
If you start to cry, look up to the sky
Something’s coming up ahead
To turn your tears to dew instead

And so I hold on to his advice
When change is hard and not so nice
You listen to your heart the whole night through
Your sunny someday will come one day soon to you

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Lee Photography said...

Summer is my favorite season too. I can't wait to buy more new strappy sandals for the summer!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home