Monday, February 07, 2005

Screw the SuperBowl, it's time for PUPPIES!

Call me un-American, but I have never been a big sports fan. I don't find large oafy men ramming into each other very appealing.

So on Superbowl Sunday, while channel-surfing through the deluge of sports coverage, I paused on an image of cute puppies. (Yes, I accept the fact that I am helplessly drawn to small cute furry things.)

High-energy trumpet music played, while maybe 20 puppies were hanging out in a dog-pen, made to look like a miniature football field. A water bowl was placed at each goal post, and rawhide treats and football toys were strewn about the miniature field.

So I watched, waiting for the punchline. They kept switching cameras to different angles of the mini-field -- from the water-bowl cam, to the sideline-cam, to the overhead cam, of these puppies, just running around, sniffing, chewing, playing, peeing, pooping, even licking at the PEE!

Periodically a teeny promo would pop up at the bottom advertising a DVD of this "Puppy Bowl" for $9.95! I was puzzled. If they are suggesting that people would pay for this, surely something else must happen.

I finally gave up and switched to the Queer Eye marathon on Bravo. Out of curiosity, a few hours later, I checked back on Animal Planet, and the Puppy Bowl was STILL ON. Don't believe it? Here's a sample video. You can still order the DVD. Knock yourself out.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Mom and Pop Art said...

i only half-assedly watched paul mccartney's performance myself. oh, since you're on the topic of animals, i noticed you're going to the zoo on valentine's day. that event description is HILARIOUS! have fun on the "naughty" tour!

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home