Sunday, January 16, 2005

Je ne veux pas travailler...

... which means, "I don't want to work" in French. It's also the opening line to "Sympathique," one of the many delightfully nostalgic songs of my new favorite band, Pink Martini.

This mini-orchestra performs songs in English, Spanish, French, Italian, and Japanese. Listening to their music is like an exotic and romantic audio trip back in time to all the classiest jazz clubs around the world.

Go to their site and click on the radio to listen to both of their albums, and you will decide that you have to buy their music.

Sadly, I missed their sold-out new year's eve concert at the new Disney Music Hall (designed by Frank Gehry). I'll have to watch out for their next concert in California!

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home