Thursday, January 13, 2005

Baby Naming, Run Amok!

A Romanian couple named their child "Yahoo". I probably can thank Yahoo! for a lot of things, but I would not go as far as naming my child after it. Especially when you see how Yahoo Serious turned out. (maybe we'll see him on a future season of The Surreal Life!)

Meanwhile my cousins and coworkers are poppin' out babies, so naturally they are trying to figure out names. No wonder "baby names" is always in the top most searched terms on Yahoo!

I am advising them to check popular baby name lists, to avoid picking overly common names. Remember when "Michael" was the most popular boy's name? Well that ended at least a few years ago.

Now people probably think they are being really original by picking names like Jacob, Ethan, or Aidan for boys and Madison, Emma, and Isabella for girls, but really, they are not.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home