Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Happy 10th Birthday to Yahoo!

Today is Yahoo's 10th Birthday! Celebrate and have a scoop of Baskin Robbins on us.

This morning everyone at the headquarters office got a rose at their desk and a memento booklet to remind us of how far we've come since the beginning. You can also reminisce with our 10x10 "Netrospective."

This afternoon we will celebrate with a Sugar Ray concert in a tent right on our campus, complete with Purple Kool-Aid, swirly topiaries, and plasma tvs which will probably show photos of Yahoo over the years.

I realize that I have now been at the company for more than half its lifetime! As it turns out, all the Yahoos who have stuck around for 5+ years will soon be rewarded with a custom-Yahoo! gumball machine. I'll have to share it with my newer coworkers and put it in my corner cubicle, because I have no room for it in my apartment.

Good ol' Jerry and Dave still look pretty much the same, after all these years, if just slightly more well-fed. Cheers, Yahoo!

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home