Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Where my homeys at?

Are you my friend? Are you family? If you are, you know you want to get on the new Yahoo! 360 service. It's still in beta, so for now you can only get to use it by invitation. If you want one, (and you actually know me,) just email me and I'll invite you.

The free service is a way to share news, stories, recommendations, photos, interests, and more with the people you know and care about. And you can manage the flow and privacy of all these things by category (friends vs. family vs. coworkers, for example) or by how well you know them (friend vs. friend of a friend vs. everybody). Also I always feel better meeting new friends who are connected to existing friends.

So far I'm having fun with 360, and the public reaction has been pretty good! I'm hoping some of my relatives (who are mostly parents and teens now) will try it out, so we can see how people who are less "techie" enjoy and use it, since it was designed for people like them, not expert users.

(As an incentive to my single friends, note that my cousin met and got engaged to someone he met through an online service like this. And I know at least one other friend who found her boyfriend this way too. Or if you aren't single, you should join so your wonderful single friends can find other singles through you!)

Also I am sure Yahoo! is planning to add more features that integrate into all the good stuff they already have, so I am sure the service will only get better and stronger over time.

So what are you waiting for? Join in the fray!

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home