Monday, July 23, 2007

A Case of the Happy Mondays

This morning, I signed the lease to my fabulous future Manhattan apartment and visited my friend Jen to get it scanned and sent back to New York to cinch the deal. Jen was working from home because she had a cold.

To comfort her cold, we headed to our favorite Mission restaurant, Luna Park, where she had a steak, soup, and salad, and I had a sweet corn risotto with English peas and cherry tomatoes. I "Dodgeballed" "@ Luna Park," to gloat about our lovely lunch, and so later a couple of my friends in the neighborhood later passed by to say hello.

Then I ran a few errands in my VW convertible bug with the top down, while Pink Martini, Digable Planets, Arrested Development, Smoosh, and Michael Bublé emanated from my car stereo, connected to my new iPod. It was just set to random shuffle, but the songs seemed oddly appropo. Then I came home to find an IM from KT, saying we should grab dinner and hit the Mint later this evening. That sounded like a plan to me!

Then I played a couple turns of "Scrabulous" (basically online Scrabble, my latest addiction) on Facebook and decided to take a nap, until I realized that it was so warm and sunny that it would be a travesty to not go lounge by the pool.

I got on my red Paul Frank bikini on, grabbed an amusing novel called "Love Monkey," and then decided it was so warm that I deserved a bowl of ice cream. Then Linda called me, and said, "Well you sound happy!" And I replied, "Well, I'm in swimwear, eating a bowl of Bi-Rite ice cream, listening to Britney, so yes, I'm pretty happy."

She confirmed that the papers went through, so we are, indeed, going to share an amazing apartment in September!

After I finished my ice cream, I grabbed my cowboy hat for shade and went down to go read by the pool, as I listened to mellow summer tunes from Beck and Emiliana Torrini.

Then I pondered what I should do with the two weeks' time I'll have between my last day of my San Francisco lease and when school starts. Quick trip to Los Angeles? Hawaii? Road trip to New York? Last-minute trip to Costa Rica? Or hitting as many bars and restaurants in San Francisco as I can before my time is up? Hmmm. Anybody up for a quick last-minute trip with me? Or San Francisco drinking and karaokeing? I'm hoping to check out Amnesia's Tuesday night karaoke tomorrow.

And just now Nicole called me about grabbing a snack at Ti Couz later after she's done browsing at Therapy. I'm trying to cajole her into joining me at the Mint later, with the offer for her to crash on my cozy sofabed, as I am just walking distance from the Mint.

I shall now return to enjoying the rest of my Happy Monday.

---

Soundtrack songs of the day:

Pink Martini: "Sympathique" (a song in French, about not wanting to work but rather to go smoke.)
Digable Planets: "Rebirth of Slick (Cool like Dat)"
Arrested Development: "Everyday People"
Smoosh: "Find a Way"
Michael Bublé: "For Once in My Life"
Britney Spears: "Outrageous"
Emiliana Torrini:"Unemployed in Summertime."
Beck: "Earthquake Weather"

Labels: , , , , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home