Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Sexual harrassment in the City

On Monday, I walked by a flasher on 17th Street. Actually, I don't know what you call it, because he was fully naked, no coat or anything. He was standing inside the gate of a building, and just as I walked past, he opened the gate toward me and it looked like his hands were reaching for... --well. I didn't want to witness any more of this so I just continued to walk briskly to dinner down the street.

I think I would have been more distraught about it, except that it was in the Mission District, and actually something similar happened to me back in college once. I was just kind of annoyed and disgusted. (They caught and busted the one at UCLA.) Anybody know where I can get a nice taser gun?

BTW, I think I may make it through my whole stay in San Francisco, having never had a date in my house. And yesterday, I woke up to the sound of loud sex from the neighbors again. Like it was mocking me.

I think I'm ready for New York, folks.

I'll be moving to Nolita initially for a 1-month sublet, and if all goes well, I may be sharing a nice 2-bedroom apartment in Tribeca by September. Wish me luck!

(Image above captured from the oldie-but-goodie flash animation, Peanut Butter Jelly Time!)

Labels: , , , , , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

NYC isn't any better. HA HA... I have to deal with pickpocketers, etc. And on crowded trains men will run against you. You think we have a lot of nuts in SF well NYC gotz them bad 'cause they just come out later at night. HA HA.. Good to hear you might have a place.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home