Wednesday, July 09, 2008

B-Boys, Pink Yarn, and Cute Engineers

Sorry, I've been busy shopping, enjoying Canada Day weekend, free concerts (Ladytron at the Harbourfront Centre), free breakdance battle shows, knitting a cat-eared hat (for a second cousin), working on girly toys, visiting the gym, getting addicted to Scramble (Facebook's version of Boggle), buying scented dolls, and avoiding homework.

Also there's a ridiculously cute engineer at work. I have no idea how old he is, because he's Chinese, and you know how hard it is to tell with us Asians. I probably don't even register as a blip on his radar, because I am a lowly intern from New York.

I learned today, that he is a fan of Transformers. I was thinking I could leave a trail of Transformers to my desk. Except that would probably attract just about any male in the building. Basically, I am resorting to the tactics of a 9-year old, trying to lure an alien.

How about this plan? I was going to find some cute stationery and write the following:
Hey, I think you're cute.

Please check one of the following and return this note to me:

[] Are you high? I will burn this and pretend this never happened.
[] Aww, that's cute, but I'm gay. You can be my faghag though.
[] Let's not and say we did.
[] I don't think my girlfriend would like that. Please don't look at me anymore.
[] Well, that's cool, but I'm waiting to see if five other hot chicks are into me.
[] Aren't you an intern and moving to NY in about a month? Hmm, let's just be friends.
[] Aren't you an intern moving to NY in about a month? Sweet! Let's go dancin!
[] Hmm, aren't you old? Sorry, but you ain't no Demi Moore.
[] Well... let's just be friends until you graduate and I transfer to the L.A. office, and you get a job there to support me with your absurd double-Bachelor's degrees, while I rise to fame as the new hot Asian-Canadian actor, and then we can marry and have adorable little Chinese kids that the other celebs will want to adopt.
[] Uhh, I don't know if I like you yet. Wear a really hot dress and we can try dinner.
[] I am sports-obsessed and won't touch a karaoke room with a 10-foot pole, so really, it's not meant to be.
[] You're cute too! Let's go see Wall-e or something.
[] Who are you?

xoxo, the intern
Actually, I nearly did something like this with Keroppi paper, when I was ohhh, 20 years old. Except that one just said "I think you are cute." I ended up ditching that tactic and ended up calling the guy at the office to invite him to a movie. It turned out he liked me all along. A lot. I showed the note to him later, which he put in his pocket as he left our first date. We ended up dating for... 3 years!

Labels: ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the note is hilarious and cute. You should try it!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home