Monday, July 14, 2008

Not-so-deep thoughts

I just went to my first trainer session at the gym. Luckily she went pretty easy on me, given my history of disregard for the gym. She showed me some nifty ab crunch exercises that I like much better than sit-ups. But they still hurt.

Now I am contemplating an ice cream sandwich.

Other things I have been contemplating:
  • I'd rather buy new dresses and toys than buy an iPhone (which is precisely what I did last weekend). Oh yes, envy my new, awesomely cuddly Sasquatch, designed by the always amazing (and Canadian) Meomi:



  • Fine artists who make no effort to master their medium are rather irksome. (as witnessed at a recent art reception where someone made art out of her crap-tastic cellphone video. She admitted she didn't know how to use actual video equipment.)

  • The selection of men on Match.com makes me think I'd be much happier dying single.

  • The selection of men-in-my-building-elevator who-are-mostly-headed-to-the-gym makes me think maybe I don't want to die single... until I realize that most of them are gay.

  • Don't the folks at beautifulpeople.net (–a Canadian dating/social site for "beautiful people only," which I heard about from Canada's MTV) know how easy it is to fake their online beauty? Oh, maybe that's because these retards built the site to work on IE only, for punk-ass PC users. What is this, 1999?

  • Thank goodness Drew Barrymore realized she could do better than Justin Long, but I can totally understand her temporary lack of judgement. I'm sure she'll find her way back into love. (God I love that cheesy-ass song and movie!)



  • I watched this funny video blog (vlog?? blehgh), called Pot Psychology for the first time. It's an advice column that used to be in text. One of the questions they answered was "How much coke is too much?" One pothead answered, "There is never enough coke. That's why you don't start."

    This is the same reasoning for my ears not being pierced. There are never enough cute earrings.

    But my god, this pothead chick is the most stylish girl I have seen. I want all her clothes and accessories. This does not mean I will start smoking pot, but it may mean I will pierce my ears to rock big, gorgeous hoops like she does. And I really do need big bangs again.

  • Some may find this hard to believe, but I have never tried pot (unless you count the the second-hand pot smoke at various concerts). I never was inclined to, because I giggle way too much as it is, nothing really stresses me that badly (anymore), and I already have a tendency to laze about at home all day long. So the last thing I need is something that exacerbates this. I might die giggling.

    So basically, I am already a pothead, without the pot. If I needed to be on a drug, it would be speed. But coffee will have to do for now.

  • Why is the best women's magazine in Australia and only available to U.S. subscribers for over $100? I guess I'll have to subscribe to MissBehave for ten bucks instead.



  • I am having a pho lunch tomorrow with the office cutie... and about ten other coworkers. He joked about stinking up the office with Durian shakes.



    Later, I sent him and my supervisor this link to an awesome Transformers birthday cake. He replied (to all) that he would want a Transformers wedding cake someday. Holy crap, is he talking weddings already!? Whoa, there mister.

    This could be love.

    Unless he already has a fiancée. Which really just means I'll have to take her down with my newly gym-trained MUSCLES!



  • Pixar created yet another touching, adorable, and funny film with Wall-e. Don't get distracted by the fact that he looks like the "Short Circuit" robot or that Eva looks like a baby storm trooper. It is a really sweet love story... that also makes me feel guilty for making toys that will likely fill the landfills of the world. Sniff.




Photo of durian-avocado shake by foodie.jenius.

Labels: , , , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never tried pot either!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home