Saturday, September 20, 2008

Totally RHOMBUS!

Okay. I'm not totally over that other thing, but some other things are putting me in a better mood...

1. Two of my FIT friends stopped by last night for a spontaneous night of Karaoke Revolution, Singstar, and cheap wine, which deteriorated into singing with bizarro foreign accents. Try to imagine DJ Jazzy Jeff's "Summertime," sung (rapped?) by Monty Python actors and Mrs. Doubtfire. Kind of amazing. I forget which song Lilo used the Indian accent on, but that was pretty great too...

PLUS, we discovered the PLAYBACK feature on Singstar. Not only can you play back your ridiculous performances, but you can add crazy effects to them, like morphing them into robotic voices and switching them to baby-voice pitches! AND you can SAVE THE AUDIO to play it again LATER. I am not sure when I would do such a thing, but somehow I like the option.

2. Three of my SF homeys are coming to visit in October.

3. My fab new roommate is moving in this week.

4. I fly to S.F. next weekend for Tatertot & Dodger's wedding (my first time as a bridesmaid for a non-relative, woo!), after which I will embark an a tour of Oakland w/ my L.A. friends who I missed very much this summer.

5. My brother offered to buy me a new camera as a late b-day gift.

6. Adventure Time is getting picked up on CARTOON NETWORK!!!!!

For those of you who missed this when it first got on the Internets, here is the funniest, goofiest, most quotable animated short EVER, which always manages to put me in a good mood:



–Although, I was saddened to learn that I missed out on limited-edition Adventure Time shirts that were sold out earlier this year. Then again, I'm trying to limit my screen-print tee portion of my wardrobe, so maybe that was okay.

7. I got a couple tees in the mail today, as a belated b-day gift, including a Katamari Damacy tee! Totally wearing that one to school, fo sho!

8. My financial guy assures me that despite the current economic mess, it would be totally feasible for me to go ahead and take 6 months or even a whole year off after graduation in May if I wanted to.

And WHY wouldn't I want to!? So if you want to meet me in Europe, Australia, Costa Rica, or Thailand (I'm open to other suggestions) after May, we need to talk.

Labels: ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home