Saturday, August 09, 2008

Brush ya shoulder off

I recently confirmed that both the office cutie and the SF guy I was in the process of forgetting about... do have girlfriends. Not surprising. Cuties do generally attract girlfriends.

Well, thank goodness I didn't send that note to the office cutie. That could have been embarrassing. I was sad about the other guy for a little bit, but at least he apologized for his general jackassery.

It wasn't anything that a few Bloody Caesars, Canadian beers, and girly shopping couldn't remedy. (Have you tried a Bloody Caesar? Apparently it's the official Canadian cocktail, which is basically a Bloody Mary but with clamato instead of tomato juice. It is fantastic, and you should really have one sometime.)



I take it as a good sign that instead of wanting to mope and wallow in sad or angry lonely-girl songs, I kept skipping to my peppier tunes on my iPod. I also enjoyed my last two evenings with Annabelle, who was ending her internship earlier than me and had to return to So-Cal this morning.

Friday was her last night here, so a coworker gave us each a free Pixos Super Studio toy, which we proceeded to lug with us around to the local bars. To celebrate her last night, we had double-scoop ice cream waffle cones, martinis, mozzarella sticks, and Canadian beers for dinner. It sounded like a recipe for a fantastic stomachache, but we didn't care.



Of course, I tried to make up for the reckless eating/drinking with one of my last few trips to the gym today. Sadly, I doubt I'll be able to keep up an exercise regimen while I'm back in school. I think the closest I can hope for is the very occasional escape to a dance club. Or bopping to my own dance music at home by myself when I'm taking a homework break. So I'm just going to return to appreciating my rotund belly after I leave this gym-friendly home.

Unfortunately, it's raining on my very last weekend in Toronto, which means I won't be able to enjoy the beach before I leave. But maybe that just means I'll have to come back for another visit in the future.

I also took it as an opportunity for uncrowded shopping. I bought five pairs of earrings, a nifty Canadian-designed handbag that converts into a backpack, and a saucy 30s-styled dress. (And a felting needle for work.) Hmm, maybe I'll wear the dress for my birthday!



While I truly enjoyed my stay in lovely Toronto and will savor my last week here, I will be so happy to see all my U.S. friends again in New York and San Francisco very soon. And what better way to finish my summer break than with a Goh Nakamura show and a bachelorette party in San Francisco!? Join me at Goh's show at Cafe du Nord on the 20th if you can!

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger the.nicole.harvey said...

shhh...she still doesn't know, as far as we can tell.
can't wait to see you!

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home