Thursday, November 13, 2008

Enough with the Stupidity

I just got a message on MySpace, from a 19-year old, asking if I would take his virginity away. Ahh, deluded (deranged) youth!

Not even I, who cannot find the time to meet anyone new, am desperate enough for that!

I was hoping that as men got older, they would be less stupid. But I think they just find other ways to be stupid. Take this recent response I got from a 30-year-old on an online personals service:
"I have some misgivings about your name (I mean because like what is it a reference to--peanut butter cups? Regular ones?) and I can't really teach you any kind of interesting athletic stuff (the best I can do is try to teach you to ice skate or convert you to into a Steelers fan) but we are both, unquestionably, year-oriented, and there aren't too many of us floating around."

So... what he's trying to tell me is that he thinks my screen-name is lame, and he can't teach me anything fun to do, but he's reaching out to me because we're both over the hill?

Bear in mind, this guy had listed himself as a writer. I think he's actually trying to sound charming. Hrm.

I'd like to note that I've always dated nice guys. But "nice guy" is not enough anymore. When we were young, I figured the nice guys I dated had time to evolve and mature into a nice guy who was also the kind of man I'd want to be with for life. ...Meaning they'd keep me inspired and be the kind of person I could count on. (And I'd do my best to offer the same for them.) But... that didn't happen.

Also, how hard is it to be a nice guy anyway?

(This does not mean I will start dating "bad boys." I am not that stupid. I still require thoughtfulness in a future partner.)

At this point in life, (over 30s), if a guy is immature, unreliable, or uninspiring, I don't expect them to figure that out anytime soon. It maybe too late for them, without some professional help (like seeking therapy). To me, it also shows a lack of priorities in their lives. Or simply stupidity. Unless they have Asperger's Syndrome (That would still require some therapy training.).

But this is all moot, because I don't have time for meeting new people, much less date!

So bye-bye online personals! I've taken my last ad down... and now I should get back to work. I've got some monster-drawing and gorilla-building to do.

Labels:

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh- online personals is so disappointing. I can't bear to finish my profile and try it again. Maybe now is a good time with expectations way low...

9:26 AM  
Blogger Whatchamacalit said...

Oh my, you are attracting some kooks lately. Good luck meeting someone when you least expect it and least wanting it. ;) I hear that ALWAYS seems to be the case.

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home