Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Trainer Girlfriend goes Shopping

It has recently come to my attention, that every single one of my ex-boyfriends already has or is expecting to have a baby. And it seems that each one of them, has chosen to do this with the woman they decided to date (and consequently marry) right after me. It has become such a joke that I even predicted it with the last two ex-boyfriends.

Thankfully, I am not a miserable mess of tears like Sally was in "When Harry Met Sally." In fact, I feel more like I dodged some bullets, rather than wondering why any of those exes didn't marry me. I mean, I am relieved that those boys have found some very patient–ahem, nice ladies that can truly appreciate them. And I wish them a lot of luck with the whole parenthood thing.

I still coo over puppies far more than I ever do over babies, so it's all worked out for the best. (I'm hoping that will change if and when I fall in love someday.) But I would like to avoid becoming anyone's Trainer Girlfriend again. I'm not sure how to avoid that, other than avoiding dates completely.

Again, school has made that easy for me as well.

Meanwhile, I could not motivate myself to continue my schoolwork this morning, without giving myself some good leisure time, so I went out today and went on a bit of a shopping spree. This included some lacy bras and undies, which may seem kind of pointless since I am not really available for dating for the next few months.

But sometimes women like to enjoy wearing pretty things on the inside that nobody else gets to see. Kind of like a great coat with a fanciful lining that rarely gets seen. It's like I have a little delightful secret under my clothes that passersby don't know about (unless you read my blog). It's like the grown-up version of Underoos; they make you feel like a superhero inside your everyday clothes.

I used to lament when I saw pretty underwear, that I didn't have anyone to wear it for. But just because nobody's seeing your privates, doesn't mean they don't deserve to enjoy some special packaging! (Another benefit of being single is that I don't have to care what anyone thinks about the kind of bizarre vanity this implies.)

Also when I got home, I found out that the bras I bought on sale can also convert into strapless ones! Now I just need summer to hurry along and return to New York. I love my boots in winter, but I miss wearing cute spring/summer dresses. And the luxury of wearing them in the EVENINGS!

Okay, now I will finally get started on that online class with the god-awful user interface. Groan.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger jo. said...

i just love you and your spirit! you're rad.

also, NOTHING wrong with cooing over puppies rather than babies. i'm there with you, girl. :)


--jo.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home