Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OMG it's almost 2009!!

2009 is going to be so awesome, I cannot wait! Obama will be President, the economy will have to pick up, and best of all, I will have my FINAL semester of school, which somehow has allotted me FOUR DAY WEEKENDS. Wowee!

Plus I will GRADUATE, and return to being a free woman! Or a woman of leisure, at least for a little while.

What will I do with all this magical time???
  • Finally install those curtains that have been sitting on the floor for six months.

  • Finally be able to sleep in... after the curtains finally block out all that amazing sunlight in my bedroom.

  • Visit my brand new baby second cousin, in the Upper West side.

  • Visit my midtown cousins and indulge my little girl cousin in girlish ways.

  • Wear the other 70% of my wardrobe that I was protecting from the toxic hazards of the toy workshop last semester.

  • Mend all those buttons that fell off my clothes for the last five years.

  • Dust off the cookbook shelf and make something at home other than instant ramen or egg breakfasts.

  • Visit all those fantastic New York museums!!

  • Get back into some knitting, crocheting and sewing.

  • Shop at actual New York stores, instead of shopping online for clothes.

  • Check out Century 21 for once and shop at TOPSHOP when it finally opens.

  • See movies in the actual theater.

  • Eat out with people outside of my class (as much as I lurrve my classmates), maybe actually get to know restaurants in my own neighborhood.

  • Hang out with my roommate, maybe even co-host a White Elephant party with her.

  • Karaoke with my PS3/PS2, or in K-town, or Union Square, or Chinatown. Or L.A. or San Francisco. Or Europe or Asia. Or South America or Australia. OMG Karaoke AROUND THE WORLD! That should be a tv show! Or at least on Youtube.

  • Take tap dance lessons (with a couple of my classmates).

  • Join a gym! Or dance weekly at 80s night at Sway. Or both!

  • Take Mandarin Chinese lessons???

  • Humor my panicky relatives and go on a date or two with New York men that may have to consider following me to California or convince me to stay in New York.

    (More likely, that consideration will not be worth their effort, and I will be annoyed and move away anyway, and a year later they regret that they didn't try, and by then I'll realize I'm happier without them, and then they get their shit together and marry the next girl they meet.

    –As roughly that scenario has been the case with almost every guy I've dated –and really liked– in my life. One of these days, I figure the love of my life will turn up and stop this cycle.

    Or maybe I should just stop moving from town to town.)

  • Do afternoon tea at Bergdorf's, overlooking Central Park.

  • Study the squirrels in Central Park.

  • Possibly travel to Costa Rica and/or San Francisco to see some friends gettin' married!

  • Finally learn to surf or snowboard!

  • Become an Improv Everywhere agent.

  • Finish an actual book or two! Or five!

  • Listen to This American Life, regularly.

  • Witness some form of Fashion Week, in person?

  • Indulge in the occasional mani-pedi.

  • Get back to grooming my eyebrows and getting my hair cut by someone other than myself.

  • Watch 30 Rock when it's actually on instead of online.

  • Get my broken tooth fixed.

  • Design a poster of the family tree?

  • Get out of Manhattan, like to Brooklyn, Coney Island, or the Bronx Zoo to see those adorable baby orange monkeys!! Or find some rich friends to join me on a weekend trip to Cali or Europe.

  • Design and make something lasercut with Ponoko.

  • Design and get a tattoo??

  • Get a job in Toy Design or start my own gig.

  • Purge about 50% of my belongings, get my car back and take another roadtrip, probably back to Cali!

Ironically, I do not have plans for New Year's Eve. Not that I really care to, because even when I do make plans, it's at the very least disappointing, or something shitty happens like my boyfriend pours champagne on my head or a guy who tries to flirt with me ends up breaking my tooth with a karaoke mic.

ENOUGH already with the NYE abuse! I'm getting some rest so we can just get the year started!

Anyway, have a Happy New Year everyone! It's going to be great. I can feel it.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

whew! sooo many amazing plans! i like all the ones that involve you moving back to cali. :D

also...tattoo!! do it!

happy new year happymonkey queen!! miss you.

xo,

--kt

9:34 AM  
Blogger Whatchamacalit said...

Wow that sounds like so much fun!! Makes me want to fly out there to join you in your shenanigans. I'm always looking for traveling buddies....

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home