Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Singlehood: Not So Annoying

Today I got a really sweet response on a dating service:

"Why is it that no one has scooped you up already?"

But my instinctual response was "Because most men are annoying." No, I didn't actually write that back. I just didn't write back.

I realize there are exceptions, and that's why I have male friends and female friends/relatives in perfectly lovely relationships. But browsing what's available on personal ads on dating services makes me want to kill myself. Well not really, but it certainly doesn't motivate me to date anybody.

Anyway, I am gonna go fix myself up my home version of an Egg veggie Sausage McMuffin sandwich and continue with my less annoying singlehood until someone not so annoying (but rather, hot, inspiring, bright, expressive, and supportive) comes along.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger the.nicole.harvey said...

dating sites are like etsy to me: incredibly daunting and vast, with a lot of badly-made product and a few shining examples.
the good news: NYC is quite the dating pool.

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Marmi said...

Hey June, Alex and I had our new next-door neighbor over for dinner last night and he's single and very nice! He's a 30-year-old LA Times journalist, homeowner, and even volunteers teaching creative writing to disadvantaged kids. Let me know if interested!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home