Thursday, August 31, 2006

Here I Go Again

I've never had ridiculous freakout crushes on boy bands or celebs growing up. Sure, Duran Duran, NKOTB, and n'sync were all fun to dance to, but I would never have squealed over them.

But I think I would squeal at OK Go. I think I'd even follow them across country like some kind of crazed groupie, if I didn't have to worry about a job. They make me feel like I'm going through some kind of freaky reverse pubescence. That Damian is too cute.

If you haven't heard of them, perhaps you've seen them on the JC Penney commercial (or on VH1 / MTV1 /MTV2 -- I wouldn't know cuz I don't have those channels anymore).

A friend first forwarded me their "A Million Ways" video, and soon after they followed it with this amazing treadmill dance video, and I think I fell in love. I downloaded the album, and I love all the songs. Even the slower ones, like "Lately It's Oh So Quiet" are really charming. "Do What You Want" and "Television, Television" are especially energetic and fun.

They have the same producer that worked with the Cardigans and Franz Ferdinand, two of my faves. Plus I read somewhere that John Flansburgh (of TMBG) loved them so much, that he offered to manage them. AND I read on their website bio, that they used to tour as the house band for my favorite radio show, "This American Life"!

They are amazing dancers, they rock out, they have great hair, they have awesome clothes, they're totally funny, and their songs are irresistible.

Plus, they keep a blog! Here's a funny video where they are in the bathroom with JC Chasez (previously of n'sync), who is giving them advice on performing at the VMAs. How awesomely dorky are they?? Can I have Damian's children? (Damian = lead singer) They would be so cute. Sigh.

They're gonna do the treadmill dance on the VMAs, but I'm going to be travelling on the road... Can someone please Tivo it for me??
Thanks, k, bye!!

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home