Tuesday, March 27, 2007

WTF.

So I finally got that nasty cut taken care of at the Urgent Care center the next day. They said it was a little late to get stitches (12 hours after the cut), so they just cleaned it up, taped it up and gave me a tetanus shot, and asked me to keep it dry. They said to put a bag on my foot when I bathe.

It kinda messed up my weekend plans a bit (I missed the baby shower), but as a consequence I was able to enjoy the sunshine outside of S.F., in my convertible, and attend my two-year-old second cousin's birthday in Palo Alto.


(Photo taken by Pengrin.)

Despite getting my foot wet in the shower after all, (the bag trick didn't work), it seems to be recovering okay, and the tetanus shot in my arm hurts more than the cut.

But today, I opened the fridge, and a jar of crushed ginger came crashing to the floor. Yup. More shards of glass on my kitchen floor.

Seriously, WTF.

Luckily the crushed ginger held the glass jar together a bit better. I didn't cut my foot but a teensy glass bit almost got stuck in the SAME foot.

The annoying thing about my kitchen floor, is that it's some kind of glossy textured tile, so even though I think I've cleaned it all up, it's hard to tell visually, if I've missed anything. So I'll be wearing shoes into the kitchen for the remainder of my stay here. In fact, kitchen combat boots are sounding like a good idea.

Labels: , , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger warren said...

i think SF is lashing out at you for choosing NYC instead. SF is so immature like that. grow up SF. seriously. grow up.

3:19 PM  
Blogger Jenny Lee Photography said...

I said it before and I'll say it again - USE PLASTIC! and maybe you should buy those target rainboots and wear them in your kitchen - what daya think, eh?

10:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

keep all glass on the bottom shelf...

7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home