Sunday, April 08, 2007

The lowdown

Recent poopers:
  • Dropping shards of glass on my foot and getting a Tetanus shot
  • Dodging hookers, vagrants, suspicious puddles, druggies, grody lascivious dudes, and bumpy street construction on an injured foot on the way to the bus.
  • My PowerBook G4 slowing to snail speed and Photoshop dying as I struggle to finish my last major project at work
  • Difficult, disruptive coworkers (They know who they are!!)
  • Getting to work on 2 hours of sleep
  • Skipping dinner and going straight to bed from work exhaustion
  • Running out of CSI:NY episodes on DVD
  • Taxes
  • Being in denial about the 800 things I have to do in the next two months

Recent delights:
    Audio/Visual
  • Music & Lyrics
    yes, the schmaltzy romantic comedy w/ Hugh Grant & Drew Barrymore. If anything, see it for Hugh's sendup of a washed-up 80s star. And for the ladies... it is a cute love story.
  • Alright, Still
    British pop star Lily Allen's debut album: every song is so brilliant, funny, & catchy
  • Fillmore Theater, San Francisco
    --where I saw Lily Allen live. Great venue, I still love Lily Allen's songs & her personality, but she could do with some more stage presence. And a bra. (Also I tried not to be disturbed by the fact that her cute bandmates were probably a decade younger than me.)
  • Picasso and American Art
    I joined the Joes to browse some lovely American art that was inspired by (or ripped off from) Picasso at the SFMoMA
  • Pussycat Dolls present: The Search for the Next Doll
    I'm rooting for the Melissas. More for Melissa S. The others have annoying issues.
    Edibles
  • Lulu's Restaurant
    South of Market, with a large, warm, open interior. I enjoyed a flight of white wine, pizza, antipasti, and butternut gnocchi with the Joes.
  • Free mini-donuts
    served with chocolate dip at work!
  • Eiji
    My favorite neighborhood Japanese restaurant. I shared a brilliant omakase meal here with some Bruin Design alumni.
  • Little Star Pizza
    I shared a meaty deep-dish pizza with girlfriends (which put us in a good mood until we watched "The Last Kiss", the most depressing & deceptively marketed "romantic comedy" ever.)
  • Xanh
    Vietnamese fusion in Mountain View, where I enjoyed various rolls, calamari, crab, and noodles with coworkers
    Misc.
  • Free wi-fi bus to work
    I get to catch up with other coworkers on the bus, IM (which is so magical with wi-fi), take a nap, or enjoy my Nano (thanks Tater!) while I watch cows graze on rolling green hills outside the window.
  • Six degrees of Toys
    I am slowly discovering that everyone I know is toy-obsessed as well, or knows someone in the toy business.
  • Saving the world.
    Well, not really, but it's a start. I can't talk about it, but you'll see.
  • bacon bandages
    to cover the developing scar on my foot.
  • Tokidoki jewelry, blind box toys, and baby onesies
    Little milk creatures, baby monkeys, and a smiley bullet!?!? Simone Legno is a genius.
  • Project Runway Casting
    A friend from high school applied to be on the show. Go Marilyn!
  • Friends that are talking about moving to NYC too.
    You know you want to. Do it, do it, doooo eeeeet!
  • Being single and living solo.
    I really love not getting all neurotic about whether somebody loves me, whether someone thinks I'm attractive enough, or why he isn't making me happy. Right now my friends make me feel appreciated, I get to do whatever I want to do, I can focus any motherly instincts I have on my relatives/friends' kids, and I actually enjoy having a fat Buddha belly (except for the part where I want to fit into my cute bikinis).

    Frankly though, this concerns me about losing interest in men completely. Maybe someone will surprise me.

    Meh.
Things I'm looking forward to:
    April
  • Finishing taxes
  • Meeting my nephew, Ian, in Chicago (omg. in a week!)
  • My foot finally healing fully
    May
  • Uh, maybe getting my official paperwork about starting at FIT? I hope??
  • Planning a summer vacation
  • Finishing my last project of madness at work
  • Pink Martini's new album, "Hey Eugene" (May 15)
  • Unemployment, that is... FREE TIME! (May 26)
  • New season of Radiolab (available on Podcast)!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i love the pirate bandages they make too. and things to look forward to: what about hanging out with me?! I haven't seen you in ages. :)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home