Friday, August 03, 2007

Drinking into Moving Day

I'm so glad I joined my friends at Bourbon & Branch last night in San Francisco. The drinks were amazing, and the whole Prohibition-era-style interior was fantastic! Especially the hidden library! That was very "Clue"!

We sat up in the upper balcony lounge, to fit the seven of us. They started us off with a little delicious champagne/Peach Schnapps bouche amusant, which was delightful. I chose to have the icy-sweet Blackberry Bramble and the icy-refreshing Democrat from their incredibly extensive and fascinating drink menu. Some drinks had egg white in them, like Jen's choice. I liked Diana's, which had basil in it. Nicole's had a lovely maraschino cherry. We all tasted each others' drinks, and they were ALL very good. I wish I had gone there more times before leaving S.F.!

I was also amused that my three girlfriends who attended were all wearing something I had given them from my wardrobe-purging. Nicole had my floral cardigan (from London's Topshop), Jen wore my color-blocked scarf, and Diana had my orange purse. The boys were being rather rebellious, toying w/ their iPhones even though one of the house rules is to not use cell phones. Everyone was dressed impeccably (even aside from the accessories acquired from me), and later I drunkenly taught Diana and Nicole roughly how to do an old-style Charleston in the Library.

I would have stayed more, but the movers were coming over in the morning. So I went home and half-drunkenly packed the rest of my things. I was also quite hungry, but all I could find were baked beans, so... I'd pack a few things, hop back to the stove, chomp a bite of baked beans, and pack some more. This lasted past 4am and I must say I was really hurtin' to be up at that hour.

I woke up at 8am the next morning to prep for the movers, who showed up at 9:30. They very nicely wrapped and padded all my furniture and carried all 50 boxes away. Now I'm left with a lot of random stuff that I have to sort for donation/storage/trash. I kind of need a nap AND a shower, but... I packed all my clean towels.

Nap? or Laundry? Nap? or Laundry? Ooh. I forgot to eat lunch. I think I'll get a sammich at Bi-Rite and rest at Dolores Park.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home