Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Somewhat noteable thoughts and events of the last week

Dancing Human Robots are So Cool

I had a serious regression moment when I watched an enormous crowd of ex-Ravers reliving their chance to revel in glowsticks, LED lights, and robotic electronica music. --Not to mention inhaling intense second-hand potsmoke from my friends, while checking out another friend's freshly-inked tattoo. (Yes, I'm talking about the Daft Punk concert at the Berkeley Greek Theater)

You know those ex-ravers were sore the next day from freaking out about an elaborate lite-brite show.

***

Copping a Feel

Ladies, when packing for a big move in August, especially when you're going to move somewhere very hot, remember to leave one strapless bra out for use. Otherwise you'll find yourself re-opening a taped box, blindly digging in with your arm and searching for one by touch.

***

The Pack Rat's Day of Reckoning

If you are a pack rat who loves fashion, move at least every 3 years, or else you'll find yourself loading 5+ bags and 2 suitcases full of dated clothing and shoes to secondhand shops, who will demoralize you with their rejection of your pile of clothes that you once loved.

***

Finally, San Francisco Crime Comes in Handy

If you want to get rid of anything, especially really crappy music cds, leave it in a box in your garage. It will be gone within a few hours or less.

***

San Francisco Woman Wears Shorts, Stop the Presses!

Sometimes I get warm in my apartment, while I'm packing up for my move. So one day I threw on shorts, which I never wear in chilly S.F. And then I had to throw out the trash and check the mail. So I put on the nearest shoes I could find, which were heels.

As I threw the trash out, a guy neighbor stopped to hold the door for me, and complimented my shoes. And as I walked away he complimented my shorts! Slightly creepy. And then as I passed the garage entrance to check the mail, another neighbor who was driving in, rolled down his window and said, "Hello beautiful!"

Mind you, I don't know these people. But they live in my building. Also, my legs were pretty bruised up from moving (and my own personal clumsiness), and I think I could have used a shave! But apparently these guys didn't mind or notice that part.

Even though I find these skeevy comments from random men to be annoying and sometimes completely off-putting, I suspect that in about 10 or 20 years, I'll probably miss it. But I won't miss the naked guys waiting to fondle themselves in front of me.

Anyway, I think San Franciscans just aren't used to seeing shorts on ladies.

Am I glad to move out of this apartment now, or what?

***

Stuck in the Friend Zone

It's strange to be friends with a mega-hottie guy.
I guess I'll take friendship over rejection drama. Sigh.

***

Hmm, My Tolerance is Not as Good as I Had Thought

Beware of the cocktails served at Amnesia on karaoke Tuesdays. What may sound like a friendly, girly cocktail may just end up being straight vodka that will kick your ass the next day.

But it may be worth it to see a guy wholeheartedly sing The Never-Ending Story.

***

Tip of the Day

If you're ever feeling down, just think of the line, "My hat is AWESOME!"
It really works.

***

Labels: , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It won't get better in NY. One early spring when I lived there, I wore a skirt when it seemed slightly warmer. Catcalls ensued. Guys- the winter isn't THAT long. You don't see bare legs for a few months and then all hell breaks loose. :|

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home