Sunday, April 19, 2009

Not-so-bad weekend

The weekend work schedule was not as horrific as I thought it would be, and in fact we did not use exacto knives that much. We had a set of very easy-to-use mat-cutters. And my classmates were mostly even hospitable and helping each other out. Remarkable!

And on Saturday, we ended our book production earlier than I thought (!!!), so I was able to go outside and enjoy some warm sunshine. I enjoyed a lovely Banh Mi (aka Vietnamese Hoagie) in my neighborhood, and then walked up to Soho to join a couple classmates on their first trip to the new Topshop. We used our 10% student discounts, and I bought an adorable silk dress in a rainbow heart print (where to wear this???) that wasn't available in my size the last time I was there, and Lilo bought a rainbow leopard print top, a neon pink beanie, and purple shoes.

Then I stopped for a strawberry shortcake ice cream bar at the Mr. Softee truck on the way home. When I got home, I had never seen our apartment look so clean! My roommate had prepped for a lovely Supper Club party. This time, I was finally available to join her at one of her soirees, and prove to her friends that she did have a roommate, and is not just oddly psycho about having far too many toys for a 30-something adult.

Of course, by Sunday, the the temps returned to the 50s. Sniff. And now I am back to another week of crazy work. I'm still finishing up my storybook, among all the work I have to do for all my other classes and the Senior Show. But first, I will get some more sleep. Yay.

(Fifi Lapin image wearing the dress I bought, from Topshop)

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger the.nicole.harvey said...

same on this coast--although I had a Hawaiian houseguest who even thought our temperatures ridiculous.
so how do I celebrate the return to foggy San Francisco? we're drinking mojitos.
so glad you're almost done, but I need to start a publishing house to get your collected writings out!

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home