Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ouch.

I had to pull yet another all-nighter. I was working on a packaging design assignment, and I barely finished another game design this afternoon, right at the end of class.

I would like to catch up on sleep now, but alas, I still have to illustrate the final touches on my storybook tonight, as tomorrow is the last day I can print and cut up the pages before our whole class goes to school this weekend to bind the books.

I could be out dancing tonight with my out-of-town friends at my favorite 80s night in NYC, at Sway. But instead I will be home, eating takeout and sweeping my little wacom pen around. This is my life for another month! ARgh. So close, yet so far away!!

And lately, I have to admit: I especially tired of being at school. My classmates still ask me if I am staying to work after class. But don't they know by now that I don't like to do that unless I really have to?

Perhaps it's a little bit of "senioritis." But also, frankly, after spending 7 days a week with the same extended-adolescent people morning 'til night, I need a break from them. It's like they've become my new family, but sometimes you need to get away from your own family, you know?

I really REALLY miss my alone time, AND I miss my other (grown-up) friends and relatives who I never get to see, so if I have free time, I'm probably going to give that time to those other friends/relatives or to myself. Classmates, I'm sure I'll miss you later when we finally get jobs and stuff, but I do need my space. Please understand. xoxo.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home