Monday, March 20, 2006

More Tom-foolery

Last week, I had the oddest dream.

I dreamt that Tom Cruise was accosting me with kisses.

Now mind you, I am not some kind of big Tom Cruise fanatic. Even if nobody believes me, I swear to God I hardly ever have dreams like this, much less about Tom Cruise.

Well, maybe there is some latent attraction I was previously in denial about. Hell, just look at this picture.

Regardless, I am not into fervent Scientologists. Even in the dream, I had the sense to shove him away and yell "But what about Katie! And the BABY!!!"

So I woke up very confused and amused by the whole thing. I tend to not read into dreams too much. I am fairly pragmatic about dreams and would more likely conclude that I just dreamt it because Tom's been in the news media so much.

HowEVER, I then showed up at work, only to learn that Tom Cruise would be coming to Yahoo! as part of our Influential Speakers series!

I was wondering when my psychic powers would emerge.

So Tom will be showing up tomorrow morning! Everyone is speculating on what kind of goofy questions he will get. Aside from Scientology and philosophical media questions, is this just going to turn into Inside the Actor's Studio w/o the fun of James Lipton? Well... Semel might make a very amusing James Lipton substitute.

I am very tempted to pick up a nice cream pie for Tom, dress up as a South Park character and carry a big "I heart you TOM!!!" sign. But lucky for Tom, I'm too lazy for these antics.

I'll be lucky if I get up early enough to get a seat at the event!

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mom and Pop Art said...

during the q&a part, i dare you to pick up the mic and sing out "you've lost that lovin' feelin' whoa-ho that lovin ..."

8:32 PM  
Blogger heather said...

so funny,,,I had a Tom Cruise dream too.:)
I woke up thinking "what in the world was that all about???"

8:49 PM  
Blogger misocrazy said...

Tom's Scientologist powers must be working to invade our minds!! Oh noooooo! Tomorrow he's going to hypnotize all of Yahoo!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home