Monday, April 16, 2007

A softer side of Will

If you haven't seen Stranger than Fiction, you really need to go rent it now. I enjoyed it on so many levels: the creative premise, the quality acting, the elegant visual effects, the minimalist art direction, and the indie soundtrack were all really well-crafted. And the story is surprisingly touching. I would liken it to a mix of Adaptation and Groundhog Day.



If you don't like Will Ferrell, I suggest you see him in this film. If you do like him, it's interesting to see him in a much more subtle role. And as a graphic designer who has family from Chicago, I enjoyed seeing Chicago's architecture play a part in the film.

I don't want to give too much away, but it left me with a renewed sense of possibility.

I want to get the soundtrack, but apparently it doesn't even include all the good songs in the film. Luckily, the obsessive customers who leave reviews on iTunes tracked down the song titles that aren't included:
Death or Glory - Clash
Democracy - adolescents
I Turn My Camera On - Spoon
Small Stakes - Spoon
On the Nature of Daylight - Max Richter
Rave - Marc Ferrari, Paul Taylor
The One You Always Wanted - Brian Reitzall
Horizon Variations - Max Richter
Live for Life - Francis Lai
Love You - The Free Design
At the risk of discrediting everything I said above, I will admit that I was also corny enough to have bought the song from Music & Lyrics, the very sappy but cute romantic comedy starring Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant. (The stars really sang the songs!)

Labels: , , ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger kt said...

i enjoyed stranger than fiction too. it's quirky but uplifting...like june! :)

btw, go see blades of glory; it's awesome!

xx,

--kt

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home