Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

I rang in the new year with chicken wings, homemade mac 'n' cheese, rich chocolate cake, wine, Eggs Beatrice, and homemade lox on a bagel. I don't think I need to eat for at least another month. (Oh, why do I befriend such eager cooks!? If only I got along better with fitness enthusiasts...)

I am so done with 2005.

In 2005, we pissed off mother nature so badly that she gave us hurricanes, earthquakes, and floods. At work, I worked on a project that never launched, and I realized that most of my close coworker girlfriends had basically left the company or moved away. There were rodents in my cubicle, and they discontinued the annual Halloween Ya-Boo! costume contest. I also had a break-up after a 2-year relationship. I left my lively and happenin' twenties, moving toward the feeble-bodied portion of my life. I had my purse stolen, which basically contained my most-needed everyday items, worth quite a lot of money. And at the very end of 2005, I caught a cold that prevented me from celebrating new year's eve as planned with friends/family in Los Angeles. Arrested Development was cancelled, and Nick and Jessica broke up.

Okay, it wasn't all bad; I bought some wonderful coats, shoes, and purses, and I got to travel to Chicago, New York, L.A., Las Vegas, and London. At work, I even successfully championed a large monetary donation to a local school and had a positive "performance review" (complete with monetary benefits). I generally wasn't too stressed, and I enjoyed some sunny bicycling and convertible driving, and viewed some lovely art in museums. Somehow I was able to remain good friends with my ex-boyfriend. I saw Conan O'Brien lasciviously meow (at a 16-year old) 5 feet away from me, and I saw Ewan McGregor sing in Guys and Dolls. And turning 30 has its charms, especially when I am still passable for twenty-something. And I even got my own relatives to enjoy Karaoke Revolution Party for PS2, thanks to its amazing new EyeToy feature that lets you put your face on an animated game character.

All I am saying is that I am looking forward to 2006! As should you!

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Lee Photography said...

I too was looking SO forward to 2006. Still hoping things will get better...

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home