Thursday, December 22, 2005

We miss you, Shari

A coworker tragically and shockingly died today in a freak car accident. Her name was Shari Sakahara and she was only 24. She was just standing at a bus stop when it happened. And her life was suddenly taken away, just like that. On a normal day on her way to work. It could have been you or me.

I got to know her briefly before she got transferred to our L.A. office. She started at our office as a design intern, and I recall her presentation as being the most fun and memorable of all the intern presentations.

She was very down-to-earth and had a lot of promising talent. She enjoyed sewing and designing handmade crafts. I remember her sweatshirt with letters spelling "helvetica" sewn across it. I admired her creativity, relaxed demeanor, and ambition. She even sold her handmade creations at the Giant Robot store.

I was looking forward to getting to know her better, not just as a coworker, but as a creative inspiration and a friend. Though I knew her briefly, I could tell she was a special person. I can only imagine how horribly upsetting this is for those who knew her longer. I hope her family can find hope and healing during this terribly saddening loss.

Remember to appreciate and make the best of what you have and the people around you. You never know how long life will be, but you can always try to live each day with values and strive for what makes you happy. I think Shari did that with her short life, making life more interesting and beautiful for others.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home