Thursday, January 18, 2007

Enough with the funny stuff


Originally uploaded by pengrin™.
Hi Kids, I see nobody reads my blog. Or nobody wants me to test how well I know them (as per previous blog entry). Fine, fine, fine.

But if anybody does read this blog, I have a couple of announcements:

1. You need to leave me ALONE. For a month.

This means, no partying, no social outings, no lengthy meals, for a MONTH. I have a personal project that I'm working on. If you know what I'm talking about, then please keep it under wraps. If you don't know what I'm talking about, I will explain later, and you will understand.

So don't take it personally if I decline your invitations to wonderful events and entertainment and such. I must live like a hermit for now. If you want to see me, it will have to involve quick meals. Otherwise, I'll be able to hang out with you in March.

2. No more goofy cute tees for me. No matter how cute it is.

I am no longer allowing myself to own more cartoon-printed tees.
That means, please don't get them for me as gifts. It's bad enough that at 30+ years old, I still shop at Forever 21, own two Tokidoki bags, display a giant dollhouse in my apartment, go see Justin Timberlake in concert, and get Delia's catalogs in the mail that advertise the young adult "Clicque" series of novels and tempt with their insanely affordable cute shoes and girlish clothes. I need to put a stop to it. Half my drawers are now filled with cartoon-emblazoned shirts that I wear mayyybe once or twice a month.
(If you are tempted, I accept colorful prints. Like stripes, plaid, floral, and such. But even then, I am picky about prints. And actually, I could use some more solids, to offset the prints.

To be safe, it's best to not buy clothes for me w/o a gift reciept. Same goes for goofy socks. I have to rifle through piles of rainbow-colored socks in my drawers to find a normal solid pair of socks. If you must give me apparel, send me some solid socks --trouser socks, sneaker socks, stockings -- but no cartoony ones.)

Note: If you like such colorful apparel, in my size, let me know. I may keep you in mind when I purge these items for spring cleaning. (Or maybe we can turn it into a recycle DIY project and make a tee-quilt or some delightful tote bags.)
I know this must be upsetting to those of you who like to think I am a living cartoon. But you'll just have to deal. I am a thirty-something person. If it's any consolation, I still like bright colors, Domokun, cute boys, and my VW Bug.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

3 Comments:

Blogger tatertot said...

girl, okay - i will respect your wishes...as best i can. but what can i say, we love you and want to hang out with you. :) and sorry, i do think you are a living cartoon. even if i don't buy you more socks and tees. btw, shouldn't u be working on your project instead of blogging? :) and i responded to your previous blog. answer! answer! :)

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, you're NOT a living cartoon?

;-)

Just wanted to say, "Hey! I read your blog! At least, now that I just set up my RSS reading list using -ahem- Google Reader."

4:33 PM  
Blogger cupcaketastic said...

Hi, you asked for a Ginger and Chocolate Cupcake recipe via flickr, from me months ago. Sorry its taken me so long, I have just posted it today. Please enjoy! Once again sorry about the delay.

http://cupcaketastic.blogspot.com/2007/02/ginger-lemon-creamed-cheese-cupcake.html

cupcaketastic

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home