Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving to Me

I was a bit cranky yesterday. I think I was allowed, given that I was 5 assignments behind even after only an hour and a half night's rest.

But all this craziness and stress is temporary, and I do realize that I am in a really great place in life. In honor of Thanksgiving, here are a bunch of things I am thankful for this year:
  • Having the cutest little nephew ever
  • My funny, creative, supportive, loving, adorable, geeky, generous, wonderful, inspiring friends near and far
  • My lovely New York cousins who sometimes check in on me and feed me

  • My fantastic hottie roommate who fills my sisterly need for soup noodles, dancing, drinks, and gossip
  • My ever-surprising classmates who keep me laughing and sane between sleepless nights of insufferable loads of homework
  • The magic of Airborne, which has prevented me from catching the proliferating viruses at school

  • Kissing cutie-smarty-pants-ivy-leaguer-musicians with nifty creative jobs
  • Discovering the fountain of youth. ;)
  • Living in Tribeca, near shoe stores, subway stops, chic restaurants, cheap Chinatown food, the giant Pearl art supply store, and Soho shopping

  • Grace's gift to me: an extra sewing machine (that helped me get my Halloween costume to finally fit)
  • Being able to fit so much crap in my NY apartment and still have room for visitors.
  • Easy access to karaoke, Korean fried chicken, soy almond lattes, and Pinkberry.

  • Those scrumptious bottled Ito en fruity teas and Hi-Chew candies.
  • Uniqlo's free alteration service.
  • Laundry machines in my building.

  • FreshDirect (the grocery delivery service)
  • Fruity beers
  • Canned Starbucks doubleshot espressos to get me through my weekly all-nighters

  • Having Bravo, MTV, VH1, and Nickelodeon again, and watching it as part of "research" for school
  • Scrabulous addictions that supposedly prevent me from slipping into Alzheimer's (even though I'm rather irritated that Emotion Eric went from the underdog player to the annoying guy who keeps ruining my game stats)
  • Viewing free episodes of Pushing Daisies, 30 Rock, and Dirty Sexy Money online

  • And last but not least: my oh-so-comfy bed, which I will go enjoy now.

I hope I get some rest this Thanksgiving break. Unfortunately I will be utilizing it to catch up 5 assignments I haven't completed!! Sniff, sniff.

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

1 Comments:

Blogger jmania said...

Fountain of youth? Do tell...

Actually since your classmates think you *might be* as *old* as (gasp) TWENTY FOUR, I think you already had that fountain a long time ago.

Nice post. Happy Thanksgiving!

2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home