Friday, November 09, 2007

I will not be beaten down!

It was a rough week. Schoolwork is doubling... as if the weekly all-nighters weren't bad enough! I hit a wall on Monday and decided to just get some sleep, finally miss a class, and just turn in my homework late.(Of course, that cheered up one of my over-achiever classmates, because he became the only one with perfect attendance.)

It's getting difficult to remain creative when I'm continually not getting proper rest, and I don't have time to hang out and get inspiration outside of school!

Last night was my weekly all-nighter. I don't know how much more of this I can handle. Just as I left campus today, my portfolio blocked a huge garbage can from my view as I walked full-speed into it. My knee still smarts from it.

And then when I went home and took a shower, my nose started bleeding. In the shower. WTF. Did I mention that half my classmates and teachers have colds? And still they come to class. My roommate and I keep a constant supply of Airborne at home, so luckily I've been okay in that area. Also, New York weather has dipped into the 40s. AND I have class tomorrow, on a Saturday, from 10am to 7pm!!!

Two of my classmates already broke down and cried from the stress! Sometimes we get a little wired and crazy and develop little strange habits. Most of them are little musical ticks. My class BFF tends to break into X'mas songs, and then the star marker-drawer started singing the Spiderman theme song over and over and couldn't stop. Then they said it was my turn to sing. I said I only sing at karaoke. The young dorm guys kept singing Jimmy Fallon's "Idiot Boyfriend" song. Luckily this mostly amuses me, but at times I see it come dangerously close to becoming annoying.

One of the seniors has her birthday today and even invited all the juniors to join in for karaoke later. As much as we all looove to sing, and have been dying to go karaoke together, we were just way too exhausted from the lack of sleep, so we declined the karaoke!!

Anyway, I will not be beaten down!!! I may get lower grades than I wanted, but I will not be beaten down! Not by Toy Design school, goddammit!

(In case you were wondering what I stayed up all night doing, this week it was drawing toy Mexican Wrestlers.)

Time for bed. Sheesh.

Labels: ,

Add this blog to My Yahoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home